Pages

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The next generation

No, not the Star Trek version, the version in which today's teens show up us adults in their journey following God. Tonight I met 2 teenage girls, (through email) both of whom take time out of their lives to blog about Sam, Duncan, and all the other orphans who desperately need our help. They aren't like me and the other families who are blogging about our own families and trying to fundraise. They do it just to spread the word. And change the world. Yes, these young ladies are doing just that!! How? As Ashley put it, on her blog at www.lightlivedo.com, "how do you save 147 million orphans? One at a time."

And Kaitlyn and a group of about 40 (yes 40!!!) teens work together to help orphans on her blog at savinglittlelivesforchrist.blogspot.com. They even started a FB page to help Sam and Duncan find their families. So the next time you hear someone say the younger generation is different from ours, tell them they are exactly right! They are putting their faith into action. James 3:18 But someone will say "you have faith and I have works". Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works". I am so proud of Ashley, Kaitlyn and all the others!

No comments:

Post a Comment