This is the hardest thing I have ever had to do. So, like a bandaid, I need to make it quick and get it over with. We have to drop out of the adoption process for the boys. We hit a snag with the homestudy, a document hasn't come back that we need, and with the deadline as close as it is for Sam, we can't risk waiting. It breaks our hearts so bad to do this, but it's the only right thing we can do for the boys. We're not playing around with their futures by waiting to see and hoping things get done in time. There are other families that can step in and file immediately for them, so Sam and Duncan will soon be here with families, where they belong. Loving them like we do, and we truly feel they are sons of our hearts, means doing what is best for them, even if that isn't what is happy for us. All of the monies paid out to RR, our fees and all the money from the FSP, will still go to the boys. As far as our chip in, we have had donations of approximately $1100, and our expenses to date have been roughly $5000. I wish I could send back every donation that has been made to our chip in. I will be sending everything I can to RR for their grants, so please know that if you donated to our chip in, we are doing everything we can to make sure that money still goes to help the boys.
Please keep our families in your prayers as we grieve over this loss, because that is truly what it is to us. We had two more sons, and now they are lost to us. We are just so grateful that the boys still have a chance, because we couldn't live with ourselves otherwise.