Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Prayers for Katie John

I want to tell you tonight about a woman who I have never met. Never spoken to her, have never seen her in person. But tonight I am crying for her. I struggled with whether to even write about her or not, because of the fact that I have no connection to her, other than our mutual love for orphans. I know there are many other blog posts being written about her, by people who know her well, and I don't want to take anything away from them. Like I said, I don't know her personally. But it's on my mind, has been since I first heard, and I want to make sure there are as many people praying for her as possible.

Her name is Katie. She and her husband Brett have committed to adopting their son Jack from a foreign country.  He's 12, and since he was listed on Reece's Rainbow so many families have fell in love with him, but through an amazing series of events, Katie and Brett were the ones able to commit to bringing him home. Katie's blog is Summer4Anastasia, you need to go read it to see how this came to happen. It's one of those things that you just can't make up. I had read her blog on Sunday, Mother's Day, a beautiful post about all of Jack's "other moms", women who had been praying and advocating for Jack to find his forever family. I love reading her blog, she's so honest about her faith, trying to trust in God for whatever happens. The one thing that really stands out in reading her posts is she truly wants God's will to be done.

Yesterday afternoon Katie went into cardiac arrest. Her husband found her unresponsive, not breathing and without a heartbeat, by all appearances dead. They were able to get her heart started again, but she is in very serious condition. From what I read today on someone's post, they will not know for a few days what her prognosis might be. It goes without saying, but I will anyway, this family needs so many prayers going up for them. Healing for Katie, strength for Brett and their daughters, and for the rest of their family.

2 comments:

  1. You are not alone. I am blown away by my reaction to Katie, her family and their current situation. I LOVE how the RR clan has clamored to pray, fast and support the family! Thank you for blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been praying for Katie too. I saw this post on facebook today, it was re-posted from Brett:

    "She is risen! Folks, I have been with Katie for over an hour. When I got here, she already had her eyes open, squeezed my hand, and knew who I was. They just now removed the breathing tubes, and she is her sweet old self! GLORY BE TO GOD! Hallowed be thy GREAT and MIGHTY name!!!"

    ReplyDelete