Pages

Sunday, July 22, 2012

An Auction, an Experiment, and a Recipe (Chicken Dip)

Doing something really weird tonight (completely normal for me though, right?) I found a thing on Pinterest for getting the dead skin off your feet. As I despise wearing shoes, and my feet look really rough sometimes all the time, I thought I would try it. Here's a picture of my yucky feet (but some really cool Snoopy pjs. It's what all the cool kids are wearing this summer.)


The original post can be found here. This is my experiment on seeing how well it works.

First, gather your supplies: Listerine, shaving cream, a bucket or bowl, and a hand towel.
Put equal amounts of warm water and Listerine in your bucket or bowl.


Yeah, it kinda looks like pee. Maybe this isn't the best post to also include a recipe. Hmm. I might should have thought this one through a little better. 

 Get somewhere comfy, then smear the shaving cream on the bottoms of your feet.


Soak the hand towel in the Listerine mixture, then wrap it around your feet. I wasn't really sure how to best wrap it. I think it might be better to use two and wrap each one individually, but I made it work. (It's Christmas in July with my penguin hand towel!)


Now sit back and relax for 30 minutes. The warm water does cool off and your feet get kind of chilly! So, while you're waiting you could write a blog post about what you're doing for the 30 minutes, like me, or...

you could check out this Facebook auction Rescuing the Rogers. There are some really cool items up for auction! Erika and Mel will be leaving very shortly to go get Bernadette and Mason, and we need to get them funded!!! 

Ok, now that 30 minutes are up, you've bid on some cute items in the auction or made a donation to the Rogers FSP on Reece's Rainbow, you're ready to check out your feet.

Take the wet towel and vigorously rub all the rest of the shaving cream off your feet. It's supposed to actually take a layer of skin off. Once you've done that, dry your feet really good. *Diabetics, please be very careful, read the original post for specific comments on recommendations for you. 

Here's before and after pictures of my feet. I really hope none of my three followers have a foot phobia.
Before
After

You may not can tell from the pictures, but they really are better! Much softer, smoother. Not sure how much is just from soaking them for thirty minutes or if it really took the dead skin off. I'll be able to tell better in the morning I guess.

Now that we're done talking about my yucky dead skin from the bottom of my feet, I'm sure you've worked up an appetite, right? Ok yeah I know. Bad idea. So go take a break, and come back later for the recipe!

...
...
...

Yay, you're back. Ok, for the food! I was trying to find a recipe to fix the other day for some friends, and as always, I was missing one or two ingredients for everything. Does that happen to everyone? Reminds me of the line from the Friday movie. "Ya'll ain't never got two things that match. Either ya'll got Kool-Aid, no sugar. Peanut butter, no jelly. Ham, no burger". Story of my life! So I combined two of the ones I really liked. I just called it Chicken Dip, very original, right? I'm creative that way. Now, for the chicken, I boiled it and threw it in my Kitchen Aid mixer while it was still really hot, and it shredded up in a minute. (To whoever first came up with that idea and pinned it, I love you!!) Then I added everything else and just mixed it all up. And another tip...I don't buy shredded cheese anymore. An 8 oz block of cheese will shred up into at least one and a half cups. Way more cheese for your money! So for this I used about half the block. It really doesn't take that long to shred it yourself, and it's so much better for you, both health wise (no cellulose added to keep the shredded cheese from sticking, yuck, and saves you money!) It doesn't take the prettiest picture, but I've made it twice now and there are NO leftover. I recommend doubling the batch!



Chicken Dip

2 cups cooked and shredded chicken
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup shredded Pepper Jack cheese
1 can HOT Rotel

Mix everything up and put into a greased casserole dish. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Serve with tortilla chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment