Pages

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Cleaning is fun... um sometimes

I've been grannysitting this weekend while my parents are out of town. My grandma is a very unique woman. I could probably keep a full blog going just with her daily comments. It would be a lot more entertaining than anything I could come up with, that's for sure. Last night she was on a kick about Michelle Obama and how she dresses so "tacky". Uhh, what? Because she "doesn't wear little suits and little hats". Would someone else like to tell Grandma that Jackie Kennedy isn't the First Lady anymore? According to her logic, the president's wife should never change her hairstyle and only wear solid color suits. Umm, ok, sure Grandma, whatever you say.

I was trying to figure out a time to host a Norwex party for Erika Rogers. Erika and Mel have adopted two adorable kids from EE, and are going back soon to adopt again! Erika is selling Norwex products, so I wanted to do a party to help her out with adoption costs. I was pretty skeptical that this stuff was all that great. Microfiber cloths, umm, yay? I really wasn't sure what it was, but it was for a good cause, and a great excuse for some good food and company, right? So I decided to do it at my mom's house (added bonus, I didn't have to clean my house!) So here's how it went:

I made food: Lemon Monkey breadhomemade cheez-its, and buffalo chicken dip. If I don't forget by the end of the post, I'll add the recipe for the chicken dip. My monkey bread isn't quite as pretty as the original one from the recipe. Maybe because I cheated and used frozen Rhodes yeast rolls instead of making it from scratch, but it was still REALLY good! 
Once everyone got there, Erika got started. I noticed a Crisco can sitting on the table with her stuff, but I thought maybe she had something stored in the emptied out can. No. It was a full can of Crisco. Next thing I know, she took a glob of it and smeared it on the window!Pay no attention to the child outside the window. They were busy looking for phantom muppets, or something weird like that. So, back to the window. Yeah, see, she rubbed Crisco on the window.


Then she took her dampened microfiber towel, the Envirocloth, and rubbed the window, then used the window cleaning towel and rubbed it again. The window was sparkling clean. I am not joking. No chemicals, no solutions, just water and the towels. Ok, maybe there is something to this stuff. She cleaned the inside of Mom's oven (you're welcome Mom), and then she did this on Mom's kitchen table with a permanent Sharpie!

Ok, that's a lie. She didn't do that. I did. I wanted to see if she was that confident in her stuff. She was, and told me to go ahead. Now that's confidence in your products. Did it work, you ask? Am I going to be banned from my mom's house for a year? Hmm, let's see...

How cool is that? She started cleaning it just with the wet Envirocloth, which got most of it off, then used the paste to finish the last little bit. Ok, I'm sold! I love the idea of being able to clean my house with just using a cloth and water. I can't wait to get my order and try it out! If you've never heard of Norwex, it's worth looking into! Check out their site through Erika's page (listed above) and make your house and family safer!!

Added bonus: we got to visit with Erika and Mel, and their seven adorable children. I just love this family. I can't wait to meet their new children when they get home, and these kids will be so blessed to be a part of the Rogers family. 

Buffalo chicken dip (aren't you proud of me, I didn't forget!)

2 cans of white meat chicken, or 2 cups of cooked, shredded chicken
8 oz cream cheese, softened
8 oz shredded cheese (Pepper Jack, cheddar, whatever you like best)
1 small bottle of blue cheese dressing 
Frank's hot sauce (to taste, I used about 1/2 cup tonight)

Mix everything together in a microwave safe bowl. Heat for about 5 minutes or until hot and bubbly. You could also bake it at 350 for about 15 minutes.

Serve with tortilla chips, Frito Scoops, or Triscuits. Iif you wanted it to be healthier, you could even use celery sticks or other cut veggies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment