Pages

Friday, January 18, 2013

New year, new blog!

Hey y'all!! I have really sucked at doing my blog lately, and I hope to get back into the swing of things soon, not just with this blog, but with my other one Honeybees, Hens, and other Hijinks! That one will be more of non-adoption related stuff. We've started keeping honeybees, have some chicks on order for the spring, and who knows what else I'll get into! Please take a look at that one and maybe you'll get some helpful hints, some good recipes, and hopefully a laugh or two.

In adoption news, ANOTHER local friend of mine is adopting! My friend Brooke, who I met last year through my adopting friends, has started the process to adopt the cutest little boy you've ever seen from Eastern Europe. They've started a fundraiser through Adoption Bug, which donates part of the proceeds from adoption t shirts to adopting families. Take a look at the shirts at Kirk Family Adoption on Adoption Bug's website. I am just tickled to death for them. To keep up with their adoption story, check out Brooke's blog at http://walkingthenarrowpathnow.blogspot.com/ Please give them some encouragement, as adoption is so stressful, and especially when it seems like you've been thrown into it with no warning, which is Brooke's story, and very similar to how ours started out last year!

I have so many special friends that I didn't even know a year ago, and it still amazes me the twists and turns life takes. As I've said before, even though my heart still breaks at not having my boys here, I wouldn't have traded our experience for anything in the world. I've met new friends, grown as a person, and really had my eyes opened to many different things. I appreciate all the comments, prayers, and support from so many people I only know through the web! I can't wait to see where this year takes us, and hope you'll hang along for the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment